Thursday, October 22, 2009

Google Satellite Photo as Inspiration

This is an only-minimally-enhanced satellite photo. It represents about 1.3 miles of cultivated fields and rocky outcroppings out in Montana. The geometry and sense of open space for a New Englander, who is used to trees and construction, inspired awe. About the same time I looked at this, I learned about the plight of the wild mustangs and I fantasized about buying up canyon lands for them to roam free on. The basket "Protecting Wide Open Spaces" was inspired by these thoughts. Here is a postcard I am working on where I've combined this landscape with the basket.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kari! do you do this basket?
    They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I love the photograph and of course I love the basket too. Satellite photos are a big inspiration for me as well.

    ReplyDelete