Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Flowers, colors, pattern and architecture

I don't weave as much in the summer as I do in the colder months (or update this blog). I get distracted by being outside; exploring the wild areas, watching plants mature and become gardens, and photography. Things change on a daily basis: color combinations, textures and how they all work together. If I don't go out and look everyday I might miss something. The camera helps me remember the vignettes that take my breath away. The photos give me a way to share these glimpses with people who are busy doing other things.
.
I've been thinking about how my life and art intersect, specifically how my love of animals, architecture and basketry overlap ... Because I have to find the words in order to tell you about this, it may take a while. I started this blog so I could share a few of the thoughts I have, but I am really far more comfortable weaving than writing. I will be back to continue this.
.
This is what my front "yard" looked like in July.

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, thank you for sharing! I look forward to your words about your baskets.
    Lene

    ReplyDelete
  2. That top picture shows what I consider idyllic and perfection in a garden. Exactly to my taste. I wish I could borrow it!

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heisann!


    Thanks for sharing your true thoughts.
    Your garden looked lovely in July. I am sure it is dressed in the Autum charm for the moment ;:OD)

    ReplyDelete