Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The theme is "green."

In my last blog post, I talked about being able to work with color. I love it. Color excites and motivates me. It inspires new work when I reach a stumbling spot. Add to this, the joy of watching colors emerge and grow in a garden and you can see why I weave color into my work and live in a temperate jungle (a polite way to refer to my cottage-gardening-style). Tomorrow I want submit one of these photographs to a garden blog competition where the theme is the color green. All shades are included, from chartreuse (a favorite) to the blues greens in my hostas. I'd love to hear which of these you'd pick, because I can't decide.
.
I decided to enter #2 the chartreuse and blue-green hosta leaves, to Gardening Gone Wild's April contest. The link is here. There are over 60 other "green" entries, go take a look. (The results are in. My work wasn't chosen, but you can see how green was interpreted by the winners here.)

5 comments:

  1. I like #4 best, but #3 is a mighty impressive and soothing little spot of garden. Still deciding if I'm going to enter this month. Mine is a macro shot, and they never fare well.

    Good luck with your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    I'm a Swedish blogger in Massachusetts.
    Nice blog you have. Beautiful green pictures, and even more beautiful baskets. You're very artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I forgot, uhm, hard to decide, but maybe the ferns?
    Was also contemplating participating. But I take too long on getting things going, so it probably won't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love single colors together - they're always so calming, yet interesting when their tones 'work' together. Beautiful photos you've taken - I think my favorite is the ferns, but hard to decide! Good thing I'm not a judge for that contest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. I am partial to 1 and 4, but all are beautiful--almost as beautiful as your amazing basketry. So happy to have found you and your work!

    ReplyDelete